Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tackle it Tuesday

The Tackle it Tuesday stuff has really been helping me. After doing the tackle I am inclined to keep it that way! Maybe, just maybe, I will be able to get my whole house clean!

This week I tackled my desk. It is another catchall. I guess because so much time is spent here. Between the 3 of us the desk stays pretty busy. My desk is in my livingroom. EVERYTHING is in here it seems like. I guess that is why it is called the LIVING room! You will notice there is kitchen stuff on the desk. It is easy for that to happen. My desk is also right next to an open kitchen. The stove is maybe 6-7 feet from the end of the desk. It is a big desk! There is paper clutter on it, cups, and a bowl that SOMEbody ( I won't say who) left there. Discs are scattered about instead of in the holder and dust everywhere. The red blob in the center I can do nothing about.
I put stuff up and placed the stuff on the shelves straight. All food products were placed in the pantry where they belonged, dishes in the washer and other kitchen items were put up. I tossed paper, shreded paper and filed paper.Everything was moved and dusted. Books and paper stacks were straightened up. All discs were placed in their sleeve and put in the holder. The dolls were dusted and rearranged. These are our Easter parade dolls. Every year Brook has been getting a doll for Easter and now we make a paparde with them. The rest of the Easter stuff will be placed later this week. The red blob is in bed or my desk will stay straight for a couple more hours.
This will be the hardest to keep clean. Now everyone can see just how big a slob I really am.

9 comments:

Thyen Party of Four said...

YAY!!! Congrats! :)

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

You were busy. Great job on your tackle!!!

Jodi said...

Great tackle! I need to tackle my desk weekly.

Have a great Tuesday!

david santos said...

Hello, Celeste!
Hall very nice. Thank you
Good day

Jennifer said...

Great job! I know that feels much better! That's the way my table usually looks, because EVERYTHING happens there as it is right between my kitchen and living room. So it's where I am most of the time! I'll be needing to tackle mine again very soon! But not for today's tackle.

Anonymous said...

Looks great! We have a couple of areas like that which are a constant battle with clutter.

Anonymous said...

thanks for visiting my blog
Tackle it Tuesday is good isnt it makes me move and find something to do :)
I did my desk a few weeks ago and yep its still clean :)
My desk is in my livingroom too that way I can keep an eye on my boys as I use it :)
I love the dolls they caught my eye before anything else did :) good job :)

earthchick said...

Great job! I have way too many catchall type places. They are so hard to keep consistently cleared off....

Dru said...

Congrats! I *so* need to tackle my desk, too. Everyone's started using my office as the house "gathering spot" and it's definitely showing the wear and tear.