Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme



This week was a mess! I tackled my pantry. It was so disorganized that I did not know what food I had and what I did not have. After pulling everything from the pantry and placing it on my clean table I was stunned! What a mess. I wiped down all the shelves and turned it. I had decided to place the back of it towards my desk instead of lined up with it. Now came the task of replacing and tossing. I sometimes buy extra when it is marked down. So I have lots of pasta, for 3 pound boxes at 35 cents a box, 10 boxes hot cocoa @ 50 cents a box,4 boxes lasagna noodles @ 40 cents a box, four 5 pound bags of bread flour @ 50 cents, five double cans of pumpkin @ 50 cents a can, 12 boxes of Hamburger Helper @ $1 a box. That is all I have left from my big buys. Yes I remember the prices. It is a quirk that I have, being able to remember stuff like that. I tried to place everything on shelves with similar type items, baking stuff together, pasta, beans and rice, can goods, box goods etc. On the bottom shelf is my ice cream maker, light bulbs and energy drinks.

I like doing this because I can see what I have and what I need.

One of the things that got tossed was paper, loots of paper. I shredded 3 full bins of paper in my shredder! I told you I have the tendency to save it. There were bills(paid ones LOL) from 2003! I have not had this cabinet that long!

The back of the cabinet will be a minor tackle. I still have to get what I need. I am going to put cork tiles and a dry erase board on it. This will be a new "wall" for my desk.

To see what others are tackling go to 5 Minutes for Mom

13 comments:

jennyr said...

wow! looks amazing, i was planning to do mine today but i have a diff. impt. tackle...great job u did!

Anonymous said...

My pantry is too scattered.. I wish I had a place for it all.

I need a better idea of what I have.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Wow! Great tackle!! You also got some fantatic buys there. I need to do my pantry too.
To answer your question: I bought an HP Officjet 5610 All-in-One. It's not the top of the line, but it'll do what we need it to. I take tons of pictures, but it's more cost effective for me to send them to Kodak or Snapfish to have them printed, so we mostly us it to print verbage with an occasional picture. I haven't even printed a picture yet, but it did good with everything else I printed. I bought it at Circuit City. It was $150.00 on sale for $114.00. Happy Tuesday :)

Not the Waltons said...

Wowser!! You did a really great job! I am sure that you will reap from the benefits of having everything nice and tidy!! Keep it up!

Blessings!!

Beckaboo said...

Great job!
And... A multi-purpose job, even! WAY TO GO!

Blessings!

mira said...

Fantastic! You did a great job with that. I did mine a while ago and it felt great.

By the grace of God ... said...

You did a wonderful job! I also did mine a few months ago in the same way you did -- then I put little labels on the front of the shelves, and amazingly enough it has stayed pretty neat! I think the labels FORCE me to put things away correctly! Great tackle!
(I remember stuff like that too, weird, huh?)

Anonymous said...

thanks for visiting my blog
I did thst tackle too :)
I actually food I didnt know i had too :)
I was stunned with my before and after shots

were u good at maths?
that would have been helpful


looks good and so much fuller than mine :) well done to u

Unknown said...

WOW - I´m impressed! And, having a look at my pantry... I guess I´ve found another tackle, too.

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier today - and for the warm welcome to TiT =)

My Trendy Tykes said...

It looks great!

Linda

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Looks good. I like that you're going to use the space on the back of the cabinet. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job! It looks so organized. Yummy ice cream maker! :-)

Anonymous said...

that looks beautiful, great work! I try and try to keep those things organized but the kids.. well... you know how they like to take things out and not put them back..

my website host has been suffering from denial of service attacks since Monday, I haven't been able to get mail or to my site at times either.