Monday, March 26, 2007

Sebastian, part 4, Cats on Tuesday


Sebastian has always been my baby. When I worked 12 hours shifts he would sleep with me all day long in a hot room. I did not have A/C so it was hot! When my husband was home,( which was happening less and less) he would lay between us. Once a claw went where it really hurts(on him not me) and he was banned from the bedroom when he was there. After that I slept on the couch. Yep, you got it, I picked my cat over that person! The marriage was over long before that, he had his girlfriends and I had me. Anyway, we split up and I met Pat and Sebastian was happy. Sebastian was a shy cat and did not allow people to handle him for some reason he decided that Pat was worth it! He took right up with him.
One fall day we moved lock, stock and barrel down to Georgia on Pat's farm. On this farm was a cat named Puss. Puss was a Tortoise shell calico Manx. She was a tiny little thing. She just loved Pat. She would go running up to him and jump up on his shoulder. That cat had springs for legs!. Well she walked in the home and , you would have thought that a vicious dog was there or something. She spotted Sebastian and World War 3 broke out! Sebastian was totally cowed by this cat. Puss weighed all of 5 pounds to Sebastian's 15 pounds. Sebastian would get away from the cat from hell everyday. He never did fight with her, just ran as fast as he could. One day Puss chased Sebastian down the hall and it was a dead end, no where to go,all the doors were closed. I follow calling to Puss. Puss is slinking towards Sebastian with every hair up on her back, a low growl coming from her throat. She was dead serious, damage was to be done. I am not stupid and I know I cannot catch Puss, I valued my blood far to much to do that! Sebastian is cowering up against the wall, no where to go. The demon from hell takes after him and he turns. All at once Sebastian figures out he can fight! Orange fur and black mottled fur flies, the sounds emitting from the cats were horrifying! I knew that Puss was going to kill Sebastian( I had already seen her kill one tom cat). I hear an ear piercing scream and Puss goes running away! Sebastian is standing, his sides heaving, his fur puffed out, alive with no signs of blood. Puss goes outside,never to enter the house again. Pat follows her outside and calls to her as she walks down the driveway.She stops and looks back at him and then looked away and kept walking. For the first time ever that cat did not come to him when he called. She never again asked to come in the house. Eventually she left the farm all together.
After the big fight, Sebastian started going outside for short periods of time.
You can view more posts about "Cats on Tuesdays" over at Gattina's blog

12 comments:

Suzanne R said...

That's a heartwarming Rocky-type story, only with cats. :-) Hooray for Sebastian!

srp said...

Sebastian you really have to watch those tiny cats... they can be the meanest things. I saw one slap my dog across the nose when I was a small child and that dog steered clear of cats after then.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Poor Sebastian! That sounds like quite the scary experience. Puss was clearly a very tough little cat. I'm glad to hear you weren't seriously harmed Sebastian!

Jodi said...

Oh wow! What a story! Glad Sebastian wasn't hurt.

Gattina said...

I kept my breath reading this, lol ! worse than the best crime story ! What a hero he is Sebastian ! It happens with some people too, they swallow everything until one day and then they explode ! But then it's worse then a thunderstorm !

Gattina said...

I just read the whole story ! I was quite busy last week so I didn't come by. But that's disgusting of the firemen ! That's the first service I would have to call here in Belgium and they HAVE to come ! Sometimes firemen are even teased whith that "Had again to rescue a cat in a tree ?" What a nice gesture of this young man !

Luna und Luzie said...

Wow, great story ! Good boy Sebastian :-)I like this photo !

FelineFrisky said...

Good for Sebastian! Poor Puss, though. Knocked off her thrown like that. Too bad she didn't stay. I'm sure she was missed. Glad all is well on the farm for all of you! D :)

kuanyin333 said...

Wow! What a great story! Happy COT!

TorAa said...

Interesting reading, as we have manx. We have seen them even attacking dogs. They run very fast. And are extremely clever climbers and hunters. They are very reluctant to "newcomers", but we've only nice memories with the breed.

Anonymous said...

Whoaw! Good for Sebastian, sometimes you just gotta fight and stand your ground. That was a great story :) Glad to hear Sebastian came through unscathed.

Andree said...

Wow, what a story. Isn't it sad how at times like this we humans can do nothing to help these cats get along. I wish we could make their lives friendlier but they are driven by things we can't understand. You are a wonderful observer and friend to them all.