Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Cats on Tuesday







Last week on the 15th Susie gave me 3 beautiful kittens. The white one is getting points now. It has been awhile since she has given birth to one with dark points. Their eyes are starting to open now and they are moving about. She moved them out of the box and placed them beside the dresser.She lays up on the bed and keeps a watchful eye on all 4 of her babies. Wait did I say 4? Yes I did. Little Bit, one of the barn cats dropped her kittens on Saturday. I really mean she dropped them. Saturday, before leaving for Brook's Tae Kwon Do demonstration for the talent competition. I put a cat out the back door and saw a tiny black kitten laying on the porch. It was not moving. I picked it up and it was so cold that I thought it was dead. It moved as it felt the warmth of my hands. I was so angry. I knew she had abandoned this baby. I took it into where Susie was and placed it under her nose. She looked at the baby and looked at me. After a few times of this she licked the baby on the head. I then placed it on the floor with her. She started licking it and warming it up. I was not sure of what was going to become of this baby. Later that day after the show, I checked on the baby and it was nursing! I was so proud of Susie. She took on this baby and made it her own. It is smaller than the others but catching up rapidly. There is a week's age difference so it should be smaller.
I now nominate Susie for Mother of the Year.
For more Cats on Tuesady click here or the picture on top.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so sweet...I love kittens about as much as anything. My sister has 3 now and I am just waiting to get over there and hold them.

Gattina said...

What sweet little fur balls ! I wonder if the white one will become like my Arthur, but if you have noticed spots.. Fortunately you found that little baby in time and yes I agree, Susie is the mother of 2007 ! I give her an Mother Oscar !

BarnGoddess said...

awwww, Susie is a darn good momma cat :)

Anonymous said...

How adorable! Hurray for Susie and her good, motherly instincts!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found the abandoned baby. It wouldn't even have occurred to me that a cat would take on another cat's baby. The kittens are so sweet...It will be so much fun when they reach the age when they start bouncing around.

Suzanne R said...

What a marvelous mommy Susie is, to adopt the abandoned little black baby! I almost have no words to describe how I feel. This is a sweet story -- great picture, too.

FelineFrisky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FelineFrisky said...

Yay for Susie!!! Momma Kitty Of The Year indeed!

I just LOVE a survival story, love story & happy ending all in one!

That little one should get a special name, just for being a survivor!

They are just so beautiful. Lucky you to have such precious little lives in your home! Bless them all. D :)

Andree said...

What a beautiful story! I agree that she is mom of the year!

srp said...

What a wonderful mom Suzy must be and how lucky is that little kitten! My two old ladies had a good mama and her name was Suzi as well. They have two sisters that still live with their mama... Puddin and Savannah.