Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Cats on Tuesday


Cats on Tuesday


Buddy and I had a horrible experience this week. I was in the laundry room doing clothes. I got a load out of the dryer and folded them and put them up. I then came back in the room and pulled a load out of the washer and threw them in the dryer. It was a large load so it took serveral tosses to get the clothes in. It was a load of whites, socks and stuff. I turned the dryer on and left the room. After a few minutes I kept hearing thumping. I could not figure what was in the load and thought that somehow a shoe or something was in it. I pulled the dryer door open and saw in a flash my Buddy falling to the bottom of the dryer. his eyes were closed and there was no movement. I snatche him out crying. I knew that I had killed him. He was limp and hot and unresponsive. Within a minute he had his eyes open and was responding. I was terrified that he would have internal injuries. After a while he was almost his old self except for being jumpy when he heard a sound. Today he is felling good. A bit frisky and up to no good! I walked in the bedroom to find him laying on Pat's chest(he was sleeping) staring at him. Probably thinking that Pat needed to get up and rub his head!

Here he is telling me that I need to quit moving because I am disturbing his nap!

16 comments:

Gattina said...

OMG ! that's a miracale that he survived ! I know they say that cats have seven lives but here he already used one ! Poor, poor baby what a shock !

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Oh my goodness! What a horrible experience! I'm so glad that Buddy survived. I guess I should be happy we don't have a dryer!

Astaryth said...

OMG! Poor Buddy! But, you know this is not an uncommon thing? I've read of this happening to people before. The dryer is warm, the clothes interesting, it's a dark place.... maybe it's surprising it doesn't happen MORE often! I know when I had a dryer in the house I used to always check for D.K. because she would hop in any time the door was open. I'll bet Buddy doesn't jump in there again though!

Lu said...

OMGOSH! Poor buddy! He is one very lucky kitty. And Beautiful too!

FelineFrisky said...

My, My! The ride of a lifetime. Thank goodness Buddy is ok. That was a scary tale. My 3 stay outta the laundry area. They just like the warm clothes when I bring them back inside! LOl D :)

Suzanne R said...

I am so glad Buddy is okay! He must have used up several of his 9 lives with that experience. I have to watch Socks real closely on laundry day because she loves to get into the dryer, too. I am so scared that one of these days, I'm going to get distracted and turn it on with her inside. The very thought is totally scary! Thanks for stopping by!

Melanie said...

Oh wow. What a scary experience. I am so glad he is okay!

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

Gosh! I am so glad Buddy is OK now. What a horrible experience!

BTW, thanks for visiting my blog.

kuanyin333 said...

What a rock 'n roll ride for Buddy--happy to hear he's ok! Whew! You never know where cats will hide!

Dorothy said...

You're so lucky. I had a friend in California once who lost a cat that way. They had a swimming pool and the washer and dryer were in the garage by the back door. The kids were trained to put their wet pool towels in the dryer when they were done swimming and turn it on. The dryer door had been left ajar and no one noticed the cat was in it when the kids put their wet towels in. My friend didn't find her cat until the next day.

srp said...

Oh, my goodness! Poor Buddy! I am so glad he is OK, what a helpless feeling that must have been...bless your heart! Mr. Buddy, you need to be careful about where you take your naps... all that is warm and soft is not good for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I have heard of that happening because kitties like warmth so much! What a terrible experience for you both. I am so glad to hear he is OK though. I bet he won't do THAT again!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I'm so glad he's ok! Wow that's an experience he won't soon forget! I bet he won't go near that laundry anymore!!
Pam

BarnGoddess said...

yikes! how scary for you and Buddy!! I bet you were beside yourself until he came around.

Im not suprised, Ive caught both my cats trying to check out the dryer too. I bet this happens A LOT

Paula said...

Oh My goodness! What a miracle he survived.
I am always worried about the dryer and my kitties.
I have one cat who likes to warm himself ontop if the dyer in the wintertime.

Anonymous said...

See, I TOLD Sam and Lydia I have a nice tail.

I like to get in the dryer too. I thought it would be fun to go around but now I will try to stay out of it. The lady would cry!