Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Sad cats on Tuesday

Cats on Tuesday



Today is a sad day . This little girl here is one of Susie's babies.It is dying this morning. It has been nursing but has not been gaining any weight. For the last couple of weeks I have noticed that there was something just not right with this baby. The eyes they say are a window and when I would look into her eyes it was like looking into nothing. I am not sure that is the right word. I just felt that something was just not right. I will be very surprised if it makes it beyond today.
On the other hand, the other two babies are growing strong and robust! One is like a little spit fire.It starts spitting at you whenever it sees you. The other will run up to you and sniff your foot or hand whichever is the closest. I love kittens. Their antics are so cute. I love watching them explore their new world. They should start following their mama into the kitchen now and trying out the food. They are 5 weeks old now and it is about time. This should be Susie'slast litter of kittens. I plan to get her fixed after this one. She is getting up there in the years and I want her to have a happy long life.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Samantha & Mom said...

So sad about the kitty. Glad the other two are doing well. Mom loves kitties, too. Says they make you laugh no matter how you are feeling. So very nice to meet you. Have a tranquil Tuesday.
Samantha & Tigger

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Poor little kitten. :( I'm so sorry to hear that she is dying. :( Very sad. I'm glad the other two are doing well and that Susie will be spayed when the kitens are old enough.

FelineFrisky said...

Poor little one - has it been to the vet? Perhaps it's a minor health issue?

Oh, I would hate to hear of it's passing.

Makes my heart so sad. I know it's natural selection, but it's just not fair - it's soooo tiny, just a baby. sigh...

Glad the other 2 are doing well.

D :)

BarnGoddess said...

awww, how sad :(

but Nature does its own thing.

thats good that the other 2 kittens are doing good.

kittens are so much fun!

Gattina said...

It's sad, but that is nature only the strongest survive. I only hope it doesn't suffer then it would be better to put it asleep.

Christine and FAZ said...

Oh dear, life is hard. I hope the other two live a long and healthy life. FAZ

Anonymous said...

Poor little kitten. I am glad the other two are thriving though. I would feel so sad.

kuanyin333 said...

It's so sad to see a baby kitten die!

Andree said...

I'm so sorry about your kitten. It is so painful and confusing. But I'm glad the others are doing so well. What a contrast in personalities in the others!

Dorothy said...

I'm sad to hear about the kitten. It's always so hard when an animal dies.

Suzanne R said...

I'm sorry about the little kitten. It's hard to watch a tiny creature like that die. I have been lucky so far in that I haven't confronted that, although one of Stevie's half-siblings (from a previous litter her mother had) was apparently born dead but my son took care of that. I'm glad the other two are so healthy.

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

So very sorry to read about the baby, so sad..
We're glad Susie will be spayed and not have any more kittens!

Unknown said...

Im sad for you, but I like your WW this week