Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Cats on Tuesday

Smokey is always good for a few laughs.Here he is playing king of the pole. I was worried that he would climb the tree instead. I guess because he sees trees all day long that a Christmas tree sitting on the porch meant nothing to him. Some one asked me if he has Siamese in him. Well I really do not know. His mama is a tortoise shell calico that I got from someone's barn and his daddy is a huge (possibly a Maine Coon mix) yellow tomcat that occasionally shows up. Big Yellow is the spitting image of Big Daddy. He does not have "the cry". He actually has a very soft, low, deep voice.
Go see Gattina for more Cats on Tuesday.

6 comments:

Andree said...

That is amazing! He could be a bit of Himalayan or Birman. I think Dragonheart and Merlin would know best: they know these genetics things. But Smokey is totally gorgeous!

Gattina said...

It's amazing what mother nature does ! The outcome of this mixture really looks like an expensive race cat ! He has the same colors in his face as a siamese and I agree with Andrée

CRIZ LAI said...

I thought the pole is meant to be a scratching pole but it looked as if Smokey prefer to do balancing act instead... He is cute :)

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Smokey is very handsome! Although he looks a little silly on top of the pole. Andrée is correct - he looks like he might have some Birman or Himalayan somewhere in his ancestry. There is definitely one of the pointed breeds somewhere in his family tree - that's the only way you get the point-restricted colours!

Anonymous said...

Looks like my Daphnée and she was a birman. Another king here! on top of the pole!

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

Wow! I have never seen a cat sit on the pole like that.